Joy filled days.

Joy filled days.
May your day be filled with a bouquet of simple joys.

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Old Barn


 God never closes a door without opening a few windows 

I had forgotten about the following, (pictured below), time in my life - It seems like only yesterday.  But then again.........it seems like a life-time ago.  A lot of living has happened in the past 5 years.

God has clearly closed several chapters of my life.   Through these experiences I have gained a new awareness and appreciation for my many Blessings.  New windows are open.  I pray that I can clearly see the path outside my window and openly follow where it may lead.  A path wide enough to walk side by side with Jesus.

O.K. - so the above sentences don't really correspond to the photos I am about to post.  What I was trying to convey with my words was the idea that what I used to do on a daily basis is now very foreign to me.  I have a hard time remembering what my life used to be like.  Was I really living in the same body as I am now.  Once you have been diagnosed with a life altering illness such as lupus and M.S. it is difficult to view your body as it once was; a very able and capable person.

I still have a lot of living to do - places to go, people to see.  God will see me through and He just might unlock that door someday.


I ran across an article written about the, "Barn Quilt Squares". 
As you are driving along the Interstate and local highways in Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio and several additional states, you are bound to see the side of a barn with a large painted quilt square.
In 2006 I was contacted by the "Appalachian Quilt Trail"  about painting 
a quilt square for a barn here in Johnson City, TN

The neighbors next door allowed me to set up in their garage.
  

 I painted for over a week.


 The finished square. 


It took 3 men to fasten the quilt square to the barn.


There I am - in the hay loft.


The farmer and owner of the barn and the family quilt the
quilt square was patterned from.

Such an honor and fun experience!
Check out the following website to read more about the "Quilt Trail".
www.appalachiatrnrcd.org/quilttrail

No comments: