Joy filled days.

Joy filled days.
May your day be filled with a bouquet of simple joys.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Paint - on the Walls

A few years ago - maybe more like 6 or 7, my husband and children would return home from school and work to find freshly painted "art-work" adorning the walls.  The freedom a blank wall surface can provide a creative soul is limitless.  I have painted and re-painted many surfaces throughout my house.  Several of my projects have been just that, a project of trial and error.

The great thing about paint is that a mistake can always be covered over with new paint. The problem with this however is the waiting time involved in allowing the paint to dry before beginning again.  There have been days, drawing into weeks and then months, before that mistake on the wall would finally disappear.  Once I have the creative urge to begin a project, that urge may not happen again for months.  My poor family.  What patience they all have.  I can only remember one comment, which was received from my daughter.  She openly shared  that the "realistic" scene, the one I had just painted in the upstairs hallway, was not visible from the front door.  She was very pleased that the full sized donkey and mother pig and piglets were not painted somewhere in the main living room.

 I admit that I had a dream of living on a farm at some point in my life.  My husband promised me a barn when we moved to TN - I received a lake house instead.  I have come to realize that the painting on our walls have become a significant part of our lives.  Our "signature", so to speak.  Who can say that they have a family of farm animals adorning their upstairs hallway, or a basement with chipmunks and freshly caught fish hanging on the walls?  That would be the Nelson family.  We are a very loving and happy family.  We are a family that is truly Blessed in every way!  My children and husband can say with assurance that they are "blessed" with a wife and mother who is truly "different" in many ways.  I love them for their patience and their, "putting up with me" attitude through out the years.  Our home is truly a house filled with love and a few stray animals adorning the walls.
          
        The following photos are only a small sampling of the view from inside our home through the years.


 A litter of Puppies sleeping in our hallway.
 A Rooster perched on a white picket fence - the view from the staircase.











 A pair of birds splashing in the bird bath as a gander of
waddling geese meander about





A freshly caught perch - hung on the wall with the fishing jacket?
Thank goodness this is in the basement bedroom.

A view to your dreams.  
Painted in the master bedroom.

Picnic baskets and bunnies - kitchen decor'

A sunny wreath of flowers, everyday of the year.
Painted above the fireplace in the master bedroom.

The photo you have all  been waiting to see -

The donkey along with a mother pig and baby chicks painted 
in the upstairs hallway.
They are all house-broken and I must add a friendly
addition to the Nelson Family Home.





1 comment:

Cup Of Encouragement said...

You are so talented! What a special home you have made for your precious family! XOXO